Freitag, 4. September 2015

END OF TRAININGSCHOOL I

aLMOST the whole day I talked English, so I got used to it. Enjoy this English post (Sorry, Ledia, you can't improve your German skills today. But Mum and Dad, you can do so!)
Yesterday I left aupair trainingschool at Oakdale heading to my host family, the Dworkin Family, living at Sat Harbor, NY. My host mum Ledia picked me up at the school and our first meeting couldn't be better: she gave me hug and we went on talking all the way home!



But first of all I want to tell you about my trip to NYC on Thursday! After 5(!!!) endless hours of first-aid- and CPR-course we headed to NYC at 2pm. It took us about 1,5hours and I was always waiting for the skyline until it finally arrived. It was so so impressive!! I never went to the city before so it was a really special moment. I wasn’t excited –don’t know why- and felt very calm, but was really fascinated because of the huge size NYC is offering to its guests. I’ve never seen buildings with this height before, it was like “OMG this city is so huge and I am so small!”.




 First of all we’ve done a guided bus tour through the city. We hopped off to see the Statue of Liberty (but it was far away and so so small) and Ground Zero. Especially the waterpool at Ground Zero really impressed me! Because of its construction I had this feeling that I was able to imagine what happened there nearly 14 years ago. Water was falling done inside a huge hole without knowing how far it will go down. This must be the same feeling people had in 2001 when the airplanes crashed into the Twin Towers and they collapsed.



We also went to a shopping center, but only for 25 mins so everyone could go to the toilet :D
The last hour of our tour we headed to Manhattan, saw High Line Park in Meatpacking District (I want to see this again, love it!) and our guide told us about many special places where film productions took part or famous people live now. I was so interesting, I really like it! For example we saw McLaren’s Pub, a main spot of “How I met you mother” (don’t be frustrated, in reality its name is “McGee’s”) and Radio City Music Hall which I want to visit since I saw it in “Happy New Year”.

 Our tour ended up at Rockefeller Center and freetime started for about 2,5 hours. We went walking around, I was always fascinated of this huge walls of skyscrapers along the streets because in my hometown we only have some detached houses and trees along the roads… We came across Magnolia Bakery (“Sex and the city”) where I had the best lemonade ever!

We saw a lot of streetdancers and people selling food and goods along the street. I was fascinated of all those different kinds of persons you see there, but this namelessness also made me sad. I can’t imagine living there because of this, often people don’t care what happens next to them.  Do they see the little things their city has to offer?
At the end of our trip we reached Times Square, the most impressive place I’ve seen before. So there will be a second post, stay curious!













Goodbye, Trainingschool!

Keine Kommentare: